Now... before you gasp and sigh, "She's fallen off the wagon," let me explain.
I dropped my daughter off at preschool this morning and needed to work on some things at our church. I had neglected to take the time to drink my coffee or eat my bowl of cereal this morning and was beginning to feel hungry. As I said in a previous post, my biggest problem is skipping early meals and then binging later so I decided to head to McDonald's to get a coffee and see if there was ANYTHING I could eat that wouldn't ruin my points for the day.
When I rolled down my window, the overwhelming smell of bacon hit my nose. It's sweet perfume almost making me forget what I had originally come for. As I quickly gazed over the menu for SOMETHING, ANYTHING that would possibly have under 5 points and provide some nutrition, the parfait on the dollar menu caught my eye. Sure, I'd ordered it before... but it was probably only to feed my daughter when she was younger and had yet to develop her craving for chicken mcnuggets. I ordered the parfait and a medium coffee with cream and splenda. Total cost: $2.37 versus the 5 bucks or more I used to spend on a value meal with one of those high sugar coffee drinks. It was tasty and a good substitute for the greasy bacon, egg, and cheese bagel that I REALLY wanted. I debated about whether to add the granola packet.... did it have too much sugar? Had McDonald's added lard to it in an attempt to make something healthy, unhealthy? I was a bit concerned. Once home, I looked online to see how many points I'd racked up. To my surprise, the parfait WITH granola was only 3! And the cream for my coffee only added 1 or 2 points (I'll count it as 2 to be safe).
Moral of the story, there are SOME healthy things to eat at McDonald's and you can resist the temptation of a greasy breakfast sandwich. If I can do it, anybody can!
~NG
ps... Still waiting for CERTAIN team members to upload photos and send me their stuff. I'll re post the "Weight-Loss Wednesday" when I have all of their information back. Be on the lookout for more great recipes and food tips from the other team members!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment