Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NG's lunch.....

My biggest problem is that during the day I am so busy with kiddos and cleaning and running errands that I honestly forget to eat breakfast and sometimes lunch... then when dinner hits I eat seconds and thirds followed by a 10pm snack of something horrifically fattening and full of sugar. So, to start this diet off right I MADE myself sit down for a bowl of high fiber cereal for breakfast and I am now sitting down to lunch.

Lunch is always an issue because I either eat fast food with my mom, or as I said earlier, I skip the meal because I'm too busy doing 1000 other things to fix myself something. Today, I racked my brain for what to make. I had pasta and ingredients for a healthy sandwich but I didn't want either. What I came up with is something that others may not enjoy, but I am LOVING...

I call it.... Warm Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad. I took an entire bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower, steamed it on the stove top (using one of those little steaming do-dads), put it in a bowl and topped it with some fat-free Italian dressing. It's yum. And I'm kicking butt on my veggie/fruit count for the day! Wooo-whoo!!!

~NG

No comments: